The Comeback Story Podcast
Hear the untold stories of those who are fighting and overcoming life’s toughest adversities. Through conversations with musicians, creatives, and experts on mental health, find out what it takes to live a happy & fulfilling life. We’re ending the stigma around mental health. Discover your true self-worth, take hold of your life, and write your own comeback story.
Listen to The Comeback Story Podcast:
- Episode 7: Q&A | Gen Z Misconceptions: How Parents Can Reach A Misunderstood Generation w/ Jaco CoetzeeJaco and I sat down to talk about the struggles that Gen Z kids face, and what we as mentors & parents can do to help those from a very misunderstood generation lead more fulfilling lives.
- Episode 6: Q&A | Why does God let bad things happen to good people & What does He want for us? w/ Hugh HeinrichsenNew LIVE Q&A Podcast series!!! If God doesn’t owe me anything, why should I ask him for anything? If God is so loving, why do we endure so much pain and sickness? These are questions that I & most human beings have wrestled with at one point or another.
- Episode 5: Be Here Now | How to Find Deep Joy & Build Resilience During Life’s Darkest Moments w/ Stage 3+ Cancer Thriver, Tim SkellyYour character isn’t tested when life is easy, but when everything falls apart. Tim’s life fell apart 5 years ago when his doctor told him he would have 2 months to live without aggressive chemotherapy. But somehow through almost losing everything, Tim, who’s also had his own bouts with depression, was able to come out swinging, with a sense of purpose, presence, and joy that he’d never before experienced. By focusing on what truly matters and cutting out everything else, every one of us can learn to become resilient. Listen in.
- Episode 4: Is depression Normal? | A Conversation on The Science Behind The Invisible Disease w/ Dr. Ryan MeltonWe all have our own thoughts and opinions about depression & anxiety. But what does the science actually say about where it comes from and how we treat it? Well, today I sit down with a man who has dedicated his life’s work to preventing major mental illnesses. He’s the Assistant Dean of Clinical Mental Health Counseling at OSU and holds his Doctorate in Counseling Psychology. He’s sharp. In this candid and curious convo, I pick his brain on how it all works, and what we can do to save ourselves from it.
- Episode 3: How to Win the Battle of the Mind When You Feel Like You’ve Lost Control w/ VA Psychologist, Dr. Shari DadeWhat does it take to be happy in the middle of Chaos? I sat down with an expert to find out how we can take what we’ve learned about PTSD and apply it to other areas of our lives. Dr. Shari Dade’s entire career is based around transitioning people from chaotic & stressful situations into healthy and fulfilling lives. We share practical tips … Continued
- Episode 2: Cam Smith of Hotel Books | How 11 Years of Touring Has Taught Me About How to “Fix” Anxiety & DepressionCam Smith is a spoken-word poet and frontman of the band Hotel Books. He’s also a certified suicide prevention counselor who’s spent 11 years touring, learning from thousands of people, what they actually need when they’re struggling. We talk about growing up in a small town and a Christian home being afraid to show emotion, How to find the right words for someone when you don’t know what to say, Cam’s tips and unique perspective on living with anxiety, and his personal comeback story.
- Episode 1: The Moment Depression Got The Best of Me | The Origins of Comeback Story w/ Brady WinderWhat happens when the person you love the most has hit rock bottom and can’t pull themselves back up? In this intimate conversation around identity and self-worth, one couple unveils what bridged the gap from depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts, to a life of purpose, happiness, and hope. Know someone that’s struggling? Listen in and spread the word.